I thought I would explain the 'rainlily' in the title... because I know 100's of you are curious..
When I was a young mother.. well - a 35 yr. old mother, never was a really young one - I was working several part time jobs and taking care of 2 young children. I needed an artistic outlet. A friend who also had young kids told me about a Texas Dept of Agriculture program for selling local handmade items. We got together through our husbands' political aspirations, and would hang out at all the various Farm Bureau conventions and political fundraisers (this was a whole new life for me, but more on that later). ANYWAY, we both came up with handmade items and got ready to sell them at a booth at the state fair. I had made some Christmas cards with hand carved lino cuts, so I decided to add some notecards with bluebonnets to the product line. The Dept. of Ag people said we needed tax numbers and all that official stuff, so I had to come up with a name and register it. I happened to live out in the country, in a trailer (there was a reason I swore I would never live in a trailer, and now having done it, I swear again), and I loved the rainlilies that would pop up after every rain. I didn't have to plant them, or take care of them, and therefore did not kill them, as I could easily do with plants. So I decided to name my company Rainlily Productions. I thought, rather grandiosely, that I would expand to all kinds of products in the future, so I should have a BIG name for my company... hence, the 'Productions'.
So now you know... and I am sure you all care...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment