It is almost July, and I have not accomplished much of what I had hoped to by this time in this year... I always have grandiose plans in January, when everything is new, but money, time and crap get in the way.
People at work (and a friend from long ago who heard enough stories when we got together) think I should write a book/screenplay/tv show. I don't know about that, but once I get going, it does seem I have some stories.
Last Friday, I was driving to work...all happy because my barely working A/C was working all the way to work, when a guy in a large truck next to me at a light, not 4 minutes from work, was waving wildly and saying something that looked like "you've got a hat on top of your car!" When I finally rolled down the window, he was actually saying, "you've got a CAT on top of your car! ... a big orange one!" which I knew as soon as he said cat on the car... We have a large orange cat named Jr. (we had another cat named Squash, who was orange, and almost got squashed by a car and after she died, this guy wandered up, all orange and 'squashy' looking, so he was named Squash Jr.) Jr. seems to like nestling in the luggage rack on top of my Xterra, and sometimes (this is his second trip to work) does not jump down when I start the car. So, again, telling the story when I got to work, they all - again - decided I had SUCH a life, so much chaos, so funny, that I should write a book, etc.
Instead, I am writing it down here, where NO ONE will see it, apparently, but at least I am documenting.
Next time I will 'document' my frustration with my middle child. Something to look forward to, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment